Friday, August 5, 2016

What's in a Name?

It was my husband Willy's idea to get a few chickens.  As I have mentioned before, we are not sure how it happened, but a few turned into a few more and a few more and so on and so forth.  Before we knew it our "few" chickens had turned into almost 400 birds.  The first mature pair of chickens were given to me by my cousin.  The policy at his house was that any bird that his wife named could not be sold, traded or eaten.  This sounded like a perfectly good and reasonable plan to me as well.  That first pair became Woodrow and Charlotte.  They were soon followed by Hercules, Frizzle, Samson, Delilah, Bonnie, Clyde, Hollywood, Raven, Sassy, Leonitis, Fancy, Ginger, Goldfinger, Gladys, Bella, Kong, Annie, Maximillian, Apollo, Prince, Annabelle, Zues, Tanto, Lacy, Lexi, Lucy, Morticia, and the list goes on!
Prime

It is becoming abundantly clear just exactly what happened around here!  Our policy has evolved more towards - I name all I can and we sell the rest!  Do you have any idea how difficult it is to come up with 400 names?  Don't tell my husband, but I'll be accepting ideas for names soon!  (I've about tapped out the grand kids' name list as well).  Does anyone know where I can find a local chapter of Chickens Anonymous?




No comments:

Post a Comment