Saturday, July 30, 2016

Oh those eggs!

As I mentioned previously, our "birds" live in style.  Whenever possible, our chickens, turkeys and other birds are allowed to free range.  It's just healthier for them to do so and - OH - those eggs!  No other egg can compare to a free range egg!  At the beginning of this year my son and daughter in law's home burned to the ground.  They along with my 10 month old granddaughter had to move in with us while they adjusted, regrouped and found another home.  They were here for about three months.  During this time, I cooked breakfast each and every day as I always do.  We normally have either bacon or sausage and toast, but we always have fresh eggs!  With our 400 or so "friends", we normally have no shortage of fresh free range eggs.  My grand baby LOVED the scrambled eggs.  She was just beginning to really eat some table food and the eggs were a great transitional food for her.  Eventually, they bought a home and moved.  My daughter in law called one day to tell me that they needed some of our eggs.  It seemed our granddaughter didn't like the eggs sold in the grocery store.  You know you are on to something when a one year old can discern between eggs sold in a store and free range eggs.  To this day, I keep my granddaughter a couple of days a week.  She comes early in the morning because her mommy is a nurse and has to go in very early.  I still cook breakfast every day and she knows that there will be eggs for her!  Needless to say, our birds still free range whenever possible.  If you have a chance to buy genuine free range eggs from a farmer, don't miss the opportunity!  You will not only help a local farmer, but - OH - those eggs!

No comments:

Post a Comment